Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Being domestic

Yes, that is me today.  Hanging clothes, pictures, watering plants etc.  There is a certain joy when you see the finished results of your hard work.  My favorite thing about this apartment-It is over a beauty salon.  I can go tanning everyday and I am finally treating myself to getting my hair professionally done tomorrow.  I am careful about the tanning, skin cancer scares me, however when your bones aches a tanning bed feels like a wonderful heating pad for your whole body.

I have been watching the news, than get depressed and switch the channel.  I am very confused about this Obama care.  Seems noone else really understands it either.  I think healthcare is a very important topic and concern for all of us.  I just wish someone could explain it so the masses can grasp what the fuck is going on.  People are innately afraid of change to begin with and when they can't even understand the change it makes it more frightening.  My friend Joe is 76 and very intelligent and Obama scares him to death.  I feel badly for him as I watch him making this way through this strange, digital world we now live in.  He claims the best period of time to grow up in was the 50's.  I don't know.  I wasn't born yet. I wonder what it is like to have been born in 1937 and have seen so many changes throughout the decades.  I believe some adjust to the best of their ability and others can't cope and wind up in a nursing home.  I pray I never lose my ability to cope and adjust.

Time to get back to my domestic chores. Feel free to help...Peace!

1 comment:

  1. You've hit upon a truism about those not being able to cope with change not being able to live in society well. I have a doctor who refuses to digitize his records and place them in a data base which could be available to other doctors if need be. This slows down the whole process when I need a test result delivered or done and then delivered to him. I am seriously thinking of changing docs because of this (but not before I get a copy of my paper records).
    Those who fail to adapt will be left behind in a murky world of yesteryear.

    ReplyDelete