Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Friday, December 27, 2013

Tis the season over?

Yes,  I am a scrooge this year.  I am still nursing a broken heart and wasn't feeling festive at all.  I always jump in heart first and yes, the usual pattern of getting fucked over ensues.  So I wasn't exactly in the mood to sing Christmas carols.






A new year is coming around the bend.  What are you wishing for?  World peace, financial stability?  My wish is simple.  Peace of mind and as a sidebar to understand this damn Obama care plan.  I tried to discuss it with my doctor and he is honest enough to admit that he is quite confused.  I need to find a decent affordable (hahhhaha) dentist.  Wish me luck.  I am at the point where I don't even want to open my mail.  It's in neat piles on my desk.  Staring at me.  I pretend I don't feel the glare of bills I can't afford to pay.

Speaking of lack of money, I just watched a documentary about the city of Detroit.  I cried.  That city was once upon a time a thriving hub of America. People used to travel from deep in the south to get to Detroit because they knew the could find employment.  WTF happened????  I wish I could recall the name of the film.. I do know it is an HBO documentary.  Fuck talking with politicians, they are speaking to the long time residents who have lived there through the good times and now, poverty stricken times.  The most beautiful thing that touched me is that there are so many die hard residents who simply won't throw in the towel.  They refuse to move. This is the city that they love and have no desire to bail out and run.  I admire that quality.  The loyalty to a hometown, a community. It is an example of the tenacity of certain human beings.  The younger generation should take notes.  Rock on Detroit!!!

Lining my ducks up and getting my house in order.  This is the year that things are going to get done. No more procrastinating.  I am not getting any younger. I just turned 47. I still have time to accomplish many things. So Happy New Year and don't make a resolution that is not attainable.  Keep it simple.  Peace!


3 comments:

  1. so many people go through so much and obviously you are one of them...it never is about the season though. Wish i could do something for you from where i am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look for a silver PPO plan they have dental attached to them.

    Holiday spirit...i murdered that thing years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brite Mist- I do wish it was about the season. Warm fires, great company, fantastic food. Not the commercial bullcrap that they refer to as the holidays today. I complain, true, but I never forget that I am blessed. Knock on wood my health is good and I have a strong will to accomplish the impossible lol. What more does a girl need? Hope you and yours have a wonderful New Year! xoxo

    WM- You?? A scrooge? Imagine that, lol, giggle. Thanks for the heads up on the ppo, I need to see a dentist and get my mouth worked on. Even the dental colleges are costly nowadays. You and your girls have a happy new year my love...xoxo

    ReplyDelete