Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Monday, December 2, 2013

Being the other woman is a pain in the ass....




Most important, don't fall asleep with a bowl on mini-wheats near your lap-top.  Had to bury my HP and now bought a Toshiba.  Thank God it happened on Black Friday. I feel like I have been away from my blog for so long that it is almost like creating a new one.  Another life lesson...if you don't listen to your inner voice that tells you not to date a married man, get ready for uber drama in your life.  The first 3 months will be filled with fantastic sex etc.  Than you take a good look at this man (doesn't help if he is 10 years younger) and you can start empathizing with his wife.My friend has been with the same woman since middle school.  That means at 36 he has been with her for 18 years.  ( Not counting indiscretions on both sides) I am a realist.  Marriage is hard.  It's not all about white dresses and sex and bliss.  It's fucking hard!!!  He told me I am the first woman out of of 3 that he has been with that has never asked him to leave his wife.  His feelings got hurt when I explained to him that 2 nights a week is plenty for me.  I don't want to wash his clothes, hear him bitching about money and bills.  They also have 3 children.  He just lost his job.  She is the breadwinner.  Oh hell no...I enjoy his friendship and hope that we can always maintain that.  I was with the same man for 20 years.  I know marriage.  I know enough that there are 3 sides to every story. His, hers, and the truth. We had words a week or so ago and when I described him as my friend, he said she is my wife, you are my woman. My mistress.  Really?  We are at very different arcs in our lives.  He feels that a man can love 2 women at the same time.  It's like a sense of entitlement.  This is a prime example of why you shouldn't marry young.  Sow those oats, learn who you are as a person.  Love yourself.  Than you might be ready for marraige.  I am finally getting my focus back and when I stopped writing I realized I was way to caught up in this relationship. Forgive my lapse.  I miss my social network of people.  Life is getting back to normal.  Especially now that he doesn't have a car at his disposal all the time.  I am one of those people who has to have a certain amount of "me" time daily.  I like solitude.  I love peace and quiet.  I am getting my groove back and it feels fanfuckingtastic.  Now let me read what is going on in everyone else's world.  Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Even consenting adults like to juggle fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, but it sure does hurt when you fingers get burned!!!!

    ReplyDelete