Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Friday, April 12, 2013

Decision Time

Fucking neighbors.  My friend Joe lives in a very posh upscale (WASPY) neighborhood.  He is the lone Polish man.  He is not well liked.  Now they are taking it out on my dog.  The neighbors all have electric fences and are demanding he put one in for Rocco.  He resents being told what to do at 75.  The man has always had a dog and feels that this martini crowd's wives have nothing better to do than torment him about the dog.

It's getting to the point where he is so frustrated that I called the breeder where Rocco's brother, mother and father are.  They have no problem taking him.  Joe is either going to have to break down and buy and electric fence or I am going to have to take him back to the breeder.  I want the best for this dog. He is so special to me.  Joe does have moments where I wonder if he is fit to handle this 8 month old Rottie.  I don't want him to break his spirit.  He loves Joe. Joe loves him.  I want my dog to thrive.  Joe is not a patient man and he is sort of a pariah in his community.  He is 75, will turn 76 in September.  Most of the others who live there are in their late 30's--mid 40's.  I have to make a decision by Sunday night as that is the time the breeder requested that I bring the dog.  I just think that sometimes love is not enough.  Joe has mental health issues that get worse with age.  Rocco is saner than most people I know. I want to do what is best for him.  I am not so sure Joe is the right choice for this dog.

So I am off to pack my weekend bag and I will let everyone know Sunday night what decision I made.  It might break my heart but the owners of his siblings and parents will give him the best care. Pray I make the best choice.  Peace!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment