Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Friday, April 26, 2013

Blah, blah and more blah.....

Well, I took care of the Rocco situation.  Joe barely can take care of himself with some things, and even though he loved the dog, it was too much for him.  I called the breeder and thankfully she was happy to take him back.  She still has his brother Zeus, his father and mother. Rocco had just turned 8 months.  I spoke with her husband and they were pleased that he turned out to be such a great dog.  They have already found him a new home.  A divorced man, about my age, who has a huge property and 2 big dogs.  Rocco fit right in and is happy.  I miss that dog terribly but I love him too much to see him not getting the right exercise and care.  This new owner hopefully will keep in touch with me via facebook so I can see photos etc.  I would like to think I made him the wonderful, loving animal that this man received.

I am getting ready for the weekend at Joe's.  We are driving to New York tomorrow to see his new great grandson.  His daughter lives in Pinebush, New York which is the UFO capital of the United States.  They have quite a few conventions there whenever there is something in the UFO world that gets the folks excited.  This part of New York is not like the city. Wide open spaces and quiet living.  The daughter we are going to visit is lovely and we have a decent relationship. She is two years older than me. Awkward?  Not really.  He has 4 children and this one is his favorite.  He doesn't make any bones about it.

I have learned a few life lessons from Joe.  Don't count on your kids to take care of you when you are old.  All four of his live in different states.  He sees the other ones maybe once every 3-4 years.  This generation simply doesn't seem to have time for aging parents.  So many commercials now.  Have you ever seen the one called A Place For Mom?  The time where there was no question of moving your parents in when they got sickly and what not does not exist anymore. Kind of sad I think.  My late husband always told me we come into this world alone and that is how we exit.  I now am starting to believe that.  Even though Kenny died in our bed with me, Jesse and his brother present, I know he felt alone internally with all of his pain and death isn't something you can share. You own that process. I still miss him to this day.  He was my best friend.  At least I can say that I was with the man I love for 20 years.  No, it wasn't perfect, but at the end of the day we had a friendship that was solid.  I always think your partner has to be your best friend.  Lust and sex are powerful emotions, but they honestly aren't the foundation of a decent marriage.

Anyhoo, time to pack my bags and get ready for New York...start spreading the news!

3 comments:

  1. As long as i am strong enough to go out and die in the forests of my love then my children can have the cadaver to send to the place I have arranged. I do not expect any of them to take care of either of us. I just do not want to outlive any of them and I and my wife will take care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Rocco, at least you can see how he works out with the new owner. Our pup Bear disappeared last month for 4 days and nights when snow and ice were on the ground and temps. got down to 17 at night. He was following our big dog Guy and got turned around in the woods ,I guess, because someone from the next county 2 miles away called and said she had him. (Luckily,I had scribed his name and number on his dogtag.) We thought for sure the coyotes ate him or he was caught by his collar in the woods somewhere. What a relief -- he is doing fine now and keeping up with Guy.
    Hope your trip was nice, and that Spring greets you with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WM- I agree with your plans. I pray I shall always be able to take care of myself. xoxo

    Goatman- I am sorry about Rocco too. He is doing well in his new home. You must have been crazy with worry about Bear. Glad it all worked out. I hope Spring gives you a nice, big hug!!!!

    ReplyDelete