Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day....and some more

Mother's Day went well.  Baggy pants and his friend Reuben took me out dinner. We actually had a nice dinner, didn't argue and we talked.  Not yelled or argued.  I do think because I truly listened for once I have a better understanding of what he is currently going through regarding his living situation.  It's hard living somewhere where somebody is asking you for money every 36 hours.  They don't have an understanding that Jesse is a miser/saver because he has a fear of running out of money.  He has been on that side of the fence,  Doesn't want to return to that way of living.  He does have goals and I believe that are all attainable.  So it was an enjoyable day together and I learned I need to be quiet and listen more when he talks. 

I hope all of you mothers out there had a beautiful day.  Our children might not be where we want them to be in life, but they are making their way and I guess that is all we can ask for.  It's been a hot minute since I have been 23 and my life was very different back than as was the world.  The society we live in today is not an easy one for young people.  I don't envy them.  So I am raising my coffee mug in a toast to all of our children, that they may be happy, healthy and thrive.  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment