Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Monday, May 20, 2013

My Week



Feels so good to be home.  Me, my son and his friend Reuben showed up at Joe's house and CLEANED.  I have never seen my son work this hard.  In four days the house looks brand new.  We got the internet installed.  Joe is having trouble using it, but at least now I can bring my laptop with me and have internet access.  Jesse and I are riding back out there tomorrow to make sure Joe knows how to work all his "fancy new gadgets" as he calls them.  Sigh I can't imagine being 75 in 2013.  I am having enough trouble being 46.

My new goal this year is to learn how to be thrifty and save.  No more emotional shopping to feel better.  I am starting my goal this week.  I set up a separate account that is for depositing only.  When I was a little girl my dad used to preach the wisdom of taking any amount, even $5, and saving it.  He swore this would get me into the habit of saving.  Yes, I see pocket-books for $500, and yes I like them.  I don't need them.  I want to get to the point of having security.  I want my new addiction to be throwing money in the bank instead of at retailers.  I have a problem called retail therapy.  Just like drugs however, once you rip off the price tags and the new leather smell is gone so is the thrill and than the crash comes.  I am also at the point of having no room for many of the items I have purchased.  So that is where I am at today.  Worn out from a week of house cleaning, but satisfied that the job was well done and Joe now has a healthier and cleaner place to live.  Clutter becomes chaos.  No chaos in my life...the most important goal of all to accomplish.  Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Its to bad that love had to end in the way of to much truth. But I guess that what was eventual what would come of it. I hope is well with you. It would have been nice to see you though before all just came crashing down. If I thought you would be ok with it I would say email me a delmont.ward@yahoo.com But if you are going to go crazy dont

    ReplyDelete