Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Friday, March 14, 2014

Hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

Do your balls hang low, do they swing too and fro.....yes that is the ditty I am chanting in my head. Maybe I am mentally touched, who knows, who truly cares?  Aren't we all in some way shape or form mentally touched?  One can short of a six pack etc...you get the gist...I am learning to be ok and actually revel in my uniqueness.  I think everyone should.  What a fucking boring world this place would be if we actually were all like, say, Stepford Families?  Plus I can't afford to invest money in hairspray the way those Stepford women did.  Hurricane Katrina could come and their damn hair wouldn't move at all.  It's a shame that is has taken me 47 years to figure out that I am not the most fucked up human on the planet.  To learn that being so self-absorbed isn't actually a good thing.  I try to have good karma.  Joe is a perfect example of that.  His own children don't have the time nor the patience to deal with their own father, except to call and see if he has decided what to do with his $600,000.00  home and to call dibs on what they want.  I do the fun stuff.  I clean the sheets and remove the fecal stains.  I make sure he has plenty to eat.  I make him laugh (which we both do share a love of bitter, sarcastic biting humor)  I try to teach him that racism is not a sign of intelligence.  He is very proud of his IQ.  I know the IQ's of all his children and that explains quite a bit.  (just kidding) I am so very liberal and he is such a staunch right-wing human being it's amazing how we are able to get along. We agree to disagree.  What man tells his girlfriend that his one daughter was so ugly at birth that he was actually scared.  He than giggles and says that thankfully it did pass and she turned out pretty like the rest.  He claims Hitler had some great ideas, knowing that my adoptive parents were Jewish.  He believes in mandatory sterilization for people of certain ethnicities so they "Can stop making so many God-d&*n babies for his tax money to support.  Brutally honest is what he is.  No, I don't agree with what he says.  I try to rub off on him in a positive way.  His prejudice extends to overweight people. Oh he is a piece of work.  I can't deny his generosity towards me.  I am hoping that thru my constant reminder that you can't judge a book by it's cover and gently prodding him to be kind that maybe it will rub off on him.There are all kinds of ways we can change the world.  I find it is usually done best with one person at a time.Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment