Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Random Ponderings


  Remember the movie "Being There"?  Well if you are my friend I demand little except just "being there".  No money, drama or bullshit.  So that is my main focus today.

That is what makes the internet such an amazing place for people.  The friends we make online ironically are some of the most enjoyable friendships we have.  You can't cross boundaries online.  You can ask for honest opinions and give honest answers because you don't have to see them daily in the "real world".  Sadly I think the one flaw in the whole internet socializing system is that many of our young folks were born into this world without having experienced real live human relationships.  Sucks for them in my opinion.  Those of us 40 and over have the upper hand in this strange arena.  We are adept at making friends in the flesh and online.  Sadly those under 25 don't seem to master the flesh friendships that well because they are inept and awkward at "the real thing".  If you have cyber-sex online are you still a virgin in the real world?  Who would have ever thought that would even be a question? Any comments on this topic are very much welcomed.
I would like to know that I am not alone in these strange thoughts I have.  Why is it so easy to connect with people that you have never met face to face?  I know the usual answers.  We can present ourselves how we wish to be seen, create facades and whatnot. I want to know also how so many people who are fabulous at having online friendships have such poor social skills in the flesh?  I think again it applies to age.  I am 47, yup, that's right, I said it.  I feel I have an advantage ironically due to the fact that a good portion of my life had nothing to do with the internet.  I had to develop social skills, make friends, get hired etc all based on learning to communicate with other people...face to face (not Skype). I think we definitely have a better balance in this world if we are adept at shaking hands as well as clicking a mouse. I can actually foresee a day where they are going to have to give courses on basic social interactions. So for those of us whose 2 digit age doesn't begin with the number 2 I think that might actually be a good thing.  Peace!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Uh yeah you're still a virgin, a bit weird, but still a person who never had any sex.

    So this is what i do when on the few occasions i leave my house, I am usually meeting someone who's age does begin with a 2--I teach them social skills and explain the why of them. Like introductions, you always present the younger person to the elder as a sign of respect. I always open doors and if i get that what are you doing look i tell them my grandmother taught me, then when seated i hand them their seat belt so there is no fumbling for it.

    It is a responsibility we have to keep alive the face world social interactions we find we want to preserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically you are right, hymen in tack and such. What you are doing with the people in the twenty something age group is very important. I wonder how many of them open the car doors for their girlfriends?

    ReplyDelete