Clarity In Muddy Waters

Clarity In Muddy Waters
I am just a tiny speck in our beautiful mass

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Home sweet home




You know that saying, "There is no place like home"?  It is true.  I am wondering what defines that feeling, home or hominess.  Is it the pictures of your family on the mantle?  The smells when you walk through the door?  The feeling of when you sit in your special recliner or chair and it just "fits"?

I have moved many times since Kenny has died.  I have managed to make each place feel like home simply by keeping certain things no matter what. Photo albums are very important to me.  Certain pieces of art work.  Books.  Knick knacks. Once I walk into an empty space and bring out my cherished belongings it quickly becomes home.  I am a huge candle/fragrance lover.  I love the smell when I walk in my bedroom and a waft of great smelling air hits me.  Home.


In PA there are many antique shops.  I lucked out on a nice sturdy dark pine desk.  It was supposed to sell for $150 but the 1 wasn't visible on the ticket and in time honored tradition they sold it to me for $50.  I LOVE this desk.  This desk is where all the magic in my life happens.  Crazy huh? Not to me. I pay bills here, write actual hand-written letters and use my laptop.  I have it right in front of one of my bedroom windows.  A room with a view.  My son doesn't get it.  He is like "mom, it's just a desk".  Maybe one day he will understand.

The hardest part of this move was having to take Rocco to Joe's.  God has a plan.  They are developing a great relationship and I get to see him every weekend.  He now has a huge house and yard to play in.  I try to cram in all the love I feel for this dog in two days.  He is finally treating Joe as his master and he sleeps in the bed with Joe.  I hope our dog adds years to his life. 

Time to get the last box of trash out.  I am no longer holding onto things that are taking up space.  I save a few good paper memories, but too much paper simply becomes trash.  Plus I need room for new memories.  Peace!

PS.- Rocco will be 7 months on the 8th of March.  He is growing nicely and I took this pic at Joe's home this past weekend.  Happy Dog....

1 comment:

  1. now i figured out who you are and i am back to were you came from...its figuring out goggle plus...
    Home - a place of refuge from what is something else. Smells, oh yes, baked bread, fruit, cooking all are part. warmth...usually of love and a pet always helps!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete